Author, Speaker, Bible Teacher, Counselor, Adventure Guide
Bruce speaks and writes extensively on hope, mission, the Gospel in culture, marriage, and investing our lives in what matters most.
He’s been a pastor, Bible teacher, speaker and counselor for over 25 years and is the founder of Invest Your Life Ministries. One of his greatest joys is helping folks figure out what they do best and invest their life in what matters most!
He’s the author of “Desperate For Hope” and the co-founder of The CornerStone Initiative, a community development ministry serving the least of these in Huntsville, Alabama. An avid outdoorsman, he guides 2-7 day backcountry trips, and he’s now logged over 3,000 miles in the Appalachian and Sierra Nevada Mountains. He’s been married to Marlina for 37 years and has a 22 yr. old son, Zach.
Captivating, Tailored and Motivational Keynote Address
“We had Bruce come to our annual franchise conference as the keynote speaker for our awards dinner. Bruce was amazing throughout the entire process. A couple weeks before the event, he wanted to know all about our event, so he could tailor his talk specifically for our needs. He asked thoughtful questions about our culture, and the goals of our event. During the event, Bruce was a captivating presence! He delivered a thoughtful, motivating message that was geared specifically to our theme. We were delighted when he stayed after the event to meet and connect with our organization. Our group not only walked away with an amazing motivational talk, they walked away with a new friend.“
Melissa Tash – Spoiled Rotten Photography
“I loaned the CD of your message “The Perfect Storm” to a friend of mine who lost his wife to cancer last year. He and kids were going to make a road trip from FL to OH, and so I thought that it would be something that they could listen to on the road. Well, evidently, they listened to it about three times, and are now using the “new normal” language and everything!
“Bruce is an exceptional addition to any speaker lineup! The messages he provided at our event were some of the most appreciated. He encouraged, equipped, and inspired attendees. Through his words, God was able to do some heart-provoking work amongst attendees. His unique background knowledge and his personal vulnerability gave him instant credibility and connection amongst listeners. Bruce is a professional, personable, flexible, and so easy to work with. And… He’s FUN!
Alecia Van Hulzen – GEMS National Conference
The Scars of Suffering
Your Permanent Identity
Keynote Conference Topics
- The Scars of Hope: How God use the worst parts of your story to bless and serve others.
- The Perfect Storm: Why God is more intent on perfecting you through trouble than protecting you from trouble.
- Invest Your Life: Understanding giftedness, motivation, and discovering your life’s calling.
- Desperate For Hope: Coping with suffering and loss, and finding meaning in the midst of pain.
- Lord of the Rings: Designed for marriage enrichment, specifically communication, emotional and physical intimacy, and conflict resolution.
- The Upside of Failure: How God uses failure to teach you things success never can.
- The Born Identity: Developing a healthy sense of identity, personhood, and significance so we can become all that God created us to be.
- Fearless: Overcoming fear, worry and anxiety, and learning to live courageously.
Other Topics I Speak On:
- Living and Loving Well with Depression: What to do when you or someone you love struggles with depression.
- A Compassionate, Biblical Approach to Gender Identity: How to help people struggling with gender identity.
- Unlearning Poverty: How to practice healthy community development by moving beyond relief efforts to meaningful relationships with the poor.
- Exposing The Matrix: Re-Imagining the Gospel in 21st century American culture and living it out in meaningful ways.
- The Church and Justice: Understanding the Church’s call to serve “the least of these.”
- The Gospel and Race Relations: Exploring racial inequity and what you can do to bring change
Creating an Irresistible Culture: How to create a workplace environment where your employees thrive, engagement is through the roof, and turnover is a thing of the past
Work in Progress: Why personal development and growth matters, and how making progress in specific areas determines how happy you are with your life and work.
Navigating Change in the Workplace: How to communicate necessary change, get your team members excited about it, and take specific steps to implement it in healthy ways.
The Capital of Caring: Why creating a culture of kindness and generosity pays huge dividends for your employees, customers and community.
Or I can custom craft a message for your audience based on a specific theme for your event.
Previous Speaking Engagements:
- Making Love Last Valentines Banquet – Ingomar MS, Ingomar Baptist Church (2020)
- Fearless Grace Adventures Men’s Retreat, Mears, MI (2020)
- Speak Up Conference – Grand Rapids, MI (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017)
- GEMS National Conference – Grand Rapids, MI (2020, 2019)
- Help for the Hurting Girl – Baker Book House – Grand Rapids, MI (2019)
- Fearless Men’s Weekend – Christ Community Church, Pinehurst, NC (2019)
- Blue Christmas – The Landing, Huntsville, AL (2019, 2018)
- Joyful Living Conference – Chattanooga TN (2019)
- What is Love – CRU – UAH Campus, Huntsville AL (2019)
- The Scars of Suffering – Cove Church, Hampton Cove, AL (2018)
- The Upside of Failure – Southside Baptist Church (2018)
- The Problem of Mass Incarceration – Monte Sano UMC (2016)
- GO Conference – Cove Church, Hampton Cove, AL (2016)
- Authentic Manhood: RiverTree Church, Huntsville, AL (2016)
- CCDA National Conference – Workshop Leader (2015, 2012)
- The Perfect Storm – New Beginnings Christian Church, Huntsville, AL (2015)
- Cornerstone Conference for Community Compassion (C4) (2015, 2014, 2013)
- The Church and Race Relations – UAH Department of Diversity, Huntsville, AL (2015)
- All Lives Matter – Forum for Huntsville Housing Authority, Huntsville, AL (2015)
- Desperate For Hope Conference at GracePointe Church, New Market AL, (2014)
- Deer Run Retreat Center – Couples Romance Weekends, Franklin, TN (2019, 17, 15, 13, 11)
- Young Business Leaders (YBL) – Huntsville, AL (2017, 2018)
February 7, 2022
The Counseling Center
Christ Community Church
February 11-13, 2022
Married Couples Romance Weekend
Deer Run Retreat Center
April 7, 2022
Huntsville Inner City Learning Center
July 7-9, 2022
The Speak Up Conference
The Prince Conference Center
Grand Rapids, MI
July 31-Aug 2, 2022
The GEMS National Conference
Born 2 Be Wild Adventures
Register at: https://born2bewild.net