Author, Speaker, Bible Teacher, Advocate, Adventure Guide
Bruce speaks and writes extensively on hope, mission, the Gospel in culture, marriage, and investing our lives in what matters most.
He’s been a pastor, Bible teacher, speaker and counselor for over 25 years and is the founder of Invest Your Life Ministries. One of his greatest joys is helping folks figure out what they do best and invest their life in what matters most!
He’s the author of “Desperate For Hope” and the co-founder of The CornerStone Initiative, a community development ministry serving the least of these in Huntsville, Alabama. An avid outdoorsman, he founded Born 2 Be Wild in 2003 where he guides 3 and 4 day backcountry trips on the Appalachian Trail. He’s logged over 3,000 miles in the Appalachian and Sierra Nevada Mountains. He’s been married to Marlina for 35 years and has a 21 yr. old son, Zach.
“I still hear people in our church refer back to, apply and share with others what they learned during the Desperate For Hope [Conference]. God has definitely gifted Bruce as a communicator and this important message of hope has helped many of us become stronger in our faith during uncertain and difficult times. If you want to strengthen believers and provide a relevant message for unbelievers, I highly recommend you make plans to host a Desperate For Hope Revival.”
Bobby Gordon, Pastor, GracePointe Church
“Pastor Bruce really blessed us at New Beginnings Christian Church with his powerful and uplifting message “The Perfect Storm”. He has a way of preaching and painting a picture with his message that you can hear and see what he is sharing.”Rev. Errol Davis. Senior Pastor
“I loaned the CD of your message “The Perfect Storm” to a friend of mine who lost his wife to cancer last year. He and kids were going to make a road trip from FL to OH, and so I thought that it would be something that they could listen to on the road. Well, evidently, they listened to it about three times, and are now using the “new normal” language and everything!M.W. – Medellin, Colombia, South America
“The message you gave was the single most thorough and insightful presentation regarding why genuine Christians can still experience trials and tribulations that I have heard since I became a Christian about 27 years ago. It was tremendously liberating and encouraging.”A.C. – Huntsville, AL
The Scars of Suffering
Your Permanent Identity
Keynote Conference Topics
- The Perfect Storm: Why God is more intent on perfecting you through trouble than protecting you from trouble.
- Invest Your Life: Understanding giftedness, motivation, and discovering your life’s calling. Then learning how to best invest your time, talent, and treasure to fulfill it!
- Unlearning Poverty: How to practice healthy community development by moving beyond relief efforts to meaningful relationships with the poor.
- Desperate For Hope: Coping with suffering and loss, and finding meaning in the midst of pain.
- Lord of the Rings: Designed for marriage enrichment, specifically communication, emotional and physical intimacy, and conflict resolution.
Other Topics I Speak On:
- Living and Loving Well with Depression: What to do when you or someone you love struggles with depression.
- A Biblical Approach to Gender Identity: How to help people struggling with gender dysphoria.
- The Upside of Failure: How God uses failure to teach you things success never can.
- The Scars of Suffering: How God use the worst parts of your story to bless and serve others.
- The Born Identity: Developing a healthy sense of identity, personhood, and significance so we can become all that God created us to be.
- Fearless: Overcoming fear, worry and anxiety, and learning to live courageously.
- Exposing The Matrix: Re-Imagining the Gospel in 21st century American culture and living it out in meaningful ways.
- The Church and Justice: Understanding the Church’s call to serve “the least of these.”
- The Gospel and Race Relations: Exploring racial inequity and what you can do to bring change
You can found out more details about specific conferences and seminars I offer here: https://brucewmartin.com/conference-seminars/
Previous Speaking Engagements:
- What is Love – CRU – UAH Campus, Huntsville AL (2019)
- A Biblical Approach to Gender Identity – GEMS ReFresh (2019)
- Fearless Men’s Weekend – Christ Community Church, Pinehurst, NC (2018)
- The Scars of Suffering – Cove Church, Hampton Cove, AL (2018)
- Speak Up Conference – Grand Rapids, MI (2018, 2017)
- The Upside of Failure – Southside Baptist Church (2018)
- The Problem of Mass Incarceration – Monte Sano UMC (2016)
- GO Conference – Cove Church, Hampton Cove, AL (2016)
- Authentic Manhood: RiverTree Church, Huntsville, AL (2016)
- CCDA National Conference – Workshop Leader (2015, 2012)
- The Perfect Storm – New Beginnings Christian Church, Huntsville, AL (2015)
- Cornerstone Conference for Community Compassion (C4) (2015, 2014, 2013)
- The Church and Race Relations – UAH Department of Diversity, Huntsville, AL (2015)
- All Lives Matter – Forum for Huntsville Housing Authority, Huntsville, AL (2015)
- Desperate For Hope Conference at GracePointe Church, New Market AL, (2014)
- Deer Run Retreat Center – Couples Romance Weekends, Franklin, TN (2019, 17, 15, 13, 11)
- Young Business Leaders (YBL) – Huntsville, AL (2017, 2018)
March 3rd and 31st, 2019
Southside Baptist Church
Desperate For Hope
209 Marsheutz Ave, Huntsville AL 35801
March 22-24, 2019
Married Couples Romance Weekend
Deer Run Retreat Center
May 17-18, 2019
Christ Community Church
A Compassionate, Biblical Response to Gender Dysphoria/Identity Issues
July 11-13, 2019
Speak Up Conference
The Prince Conference Center
Grand Rapids, MI
July 26-28, 2019
GEMS National Conference
The Prince Conference Center
Grand Rapids, MI
November 8-9, 2019
Joyful Living Conference
Friendship Baptist Church
Born 2 Be Wild Adventures
Register at: https://born2bewild.net